Do Lee

I am an Assistant Professor and Graduate Advisor at the Department of Urban Studies.  My research interests critically examine the interrelationships of people, mobility, environment, and social justice. My dissertation research in Environmental Psychology (PhD, The Graduate Center CUNY, 2018) focused on a participatory action research project with immigrant food delivery cyclists in NYC to examine the mobility and working experiences in the NYC streets from the food delivery perspective.  This work investigated the intersections of low-wage informal employment, delivery and logistics, bicycling and electric bikes, immigration, policing, street planning, and social justice activism and advocacy.

My professional career has included work on grassroots sustainability issues for environmental nonprofits such as the Sierra Nevada Alliance, ISAR, and the Center for Safe Energy along with environmental consulting with the Eurasia Environmental Associates LLC and other groups.  In addition, I served as an environmental education Peace Corps Volunteer in Kazakhstan.  My previous degrees include a Master in Public Administration in Earth Systems Science, Policy and Management from Columbia University and a Bachelor of Arts in Molecular Cell Biology from UC Berkeley.

Office: Powdermaker Rm. 250
Email: do.lee@qc.cuny.edu